Monday, March 19, 2007

Thar she blows!

I got another video to post, this time its about Fish instead of Bugs. I'm not really a big fan of Modest Mouse, but this song is really catchy. As opposed to their last set of singles which were very clean, this sounds more lo-fi in its production values, which is a trend I've noticed in indie rock lately. The song itself is still has all of the Modest Mouse peculiarities you'd expect, but the melody makes me want to rock out.

The video is a mix of old fisherman swapping fish tales, insanity and Pirates of Caribbean type special effects on the open sea, and finally a band rocking out with prosthetic limbs made of musical instruments. So, pretty standard MTV fare, I know, but this transcends other videos with the same premise. So, enjoy Modest Mouse's video, Dashboard.



As a complete aside, nobody has sent me any bannerz, so I guess we hold off on picking a new one until people can't stand the site of this shitty layout.

-J*E*F^2

2 comments:

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

I have a plan for mine but need Ginny's help making it.

J*E*F^2 said...

I spelled "sight" wrong... but whateve. Do people actually watch the videos I post, or should I resist the urge?