Thursday, March 22, 2007

October Road sucks.

The show looked interesting to me. Small town guy from Mass has a splash hit novel then dries up and comes back to his hometown where he burned a lot of his friends in his book to try to make things right and see if he can rekindle his inspiration....

The show sucks. I think they shot their exteriors (or most of them) in Mass. One character wears a Sox hat, another drops a 'wicked,' and the Dad watches the Bruins. Not a single cast member is from Mass (or even New England that I can tell) and the creator of the show has written for, seriously, all of my least favorite shows.

The writing is hackneyed. Particularly the parts about writing and the whole thing feels so generic. Don't expect this one to last.

*Edit* And don't get me started on 'the-kid-wise-beyond-their-years' cliche. The single most annoying of all cliches.

No comments: