Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The nerdiest thing I have ever done in my nerdy, nerdy life.

A running log of the Battle Star Galactica Season Three finally.

Whoa, when did Anders and Tory hook up?

Chief Tyrol, Anders (from last week’s ep), Tory and Tigh… four people hearing music. Four potential Cylons? Add Starbuck to the mix… ladies and gentlemen, do we have the final five?

If JR comes out of the shower I’m going to be really pissed. Could these people trapped somewhere?

I frequently feel like I’m the only person on the planet who dislikes visions and precognizant dream sequences. Though admittedly BSG does do them better than anyone.

And now we have another weirdly link trio.

Adama to Saul, “I believe you.” Translation, ‘I don’t believe you, you drunken Cyclops.”

Yeah why did Gaeta try to stab Gaius in the neck… what did Gaius say again, do your friends know what you are? What!? Clearly Gaius has dirt on Gaeta.

Commercial for Saw reminds me of the girls who pranked the elderly woman who was at a funeral telling her they had someone in a gas chamber and would kill them if she didn’t do what they said with in 30 seconds… she prompt had a stroke.

What kind of weird trial structure would allow this? I mean I know it’s a sci-fi show in space with robots and precognizant multiperson visions and audio hallucinations, but seriously? This is a kangaroo court. Though I guess there was precedent set in the special prosecutor episode in season one, which Adama dismissed while on the stand. Appeal to the president? What since when is she involved she was a witness! Dah, ah this is crazy than that farce of a trial in Veronica Mars season two.

What would you have done? One of the judges jumped the fracking battle star away. Where’s his culpability? And now Lee is hanging a lantern on all of the shows oddest plot undoings.

Ah, but at least he is honest about the jumping away.

Who, um I don’t recall the objection from Mock Trial but someone should be objecting to a witness ranting for several minutes on end. Yup, that’s objectionable. Someone, probably the prosecutor should have really been on top of that. Oh and now he’s talking again without being asked.

Exception? What you should have done was raise objection and interrupt his very persuasive rant.

Hero commercial, of course no one can do that, Guess what we also can’t evolve to do that. By what mechanism is he flying? If he can levitate himself, why not a rock? What forces are acting on his body? My problem here is that we’re in a culture war where one side’s understanding of evolution is X-men and Heroes and guess what, that’s not even vaguely close to accurate. This is the logic that leads them to ask how come monkeys don’t occasionally have human babies. Mainly cause they’re monkeys. They have slightly different monkeys. After millions of years and tens of thousands of generations they could have much different looking monkeys. But those monkeys will additionally not fly.

And now we get the verdict.

We find in favor of… BIG AMERICAN PARTY!! Everybody disco dancing. I am having a very good time.

Not Guilty. Good. He’s the best character on the God damn show. Oh and the smartest man a live who has fixed every science problem they’ve come across. Of course what is he going to do now? Live in a cage?

Don’t push it? He’s freaking Baltar!

Also what happened to Badgers spiffy sunglasses?

Oh there they are! I feel so bad for him as he, wait I almost missed the putting down of the cane to make my smarty boy remarks.

Ooooh, snap, looks like the two most powerful people alive won’t be sleeping together and flirting again anytime soon.

Um, why is he even trying to walk down that hallway? Shouldn’t he have a bag over his head and just be sprinting to the crazy lady who wanted him to bless her kids photo.

Oh, good and a vision. Hey in other news I always felt that that was something we didn’t get enough… oh no vision power outage… follow up on from season 1. I guess they were too busy curing cancel and going back on their always spotty no-way-to-tell-cylon-skinjobs-and-humans apart… except that one can stick a wire in their arm and run a computer and their blood cells have an a) different and b) cancer fighting shape to them. Now, I’m no doctor but that suggests you would be able to tell them apart…. Ok now I really what to pay attention and nothing.

Hey if Tyrol’s a Cylon his kid’s blood can cure cancel. Hey if Anders is a cylon pyramid ball is still stupid. Quidditch stupid. (Did I mention I’m a nerd?)

Wow, attractive Indian lady does not look good in this light. In other news, I know its stupid of me to assume she’s Indian, but South Asian’s a little too awkward.

Man, the problem with being right is that no one’s gonna believe me. Of course this is weird cause that means Tigh would have been… this is weird and confusing… has the whole show been their programming back story? No? Then man did they fuck up programming Tigh. Remember that weird episode were he apparently was thinking about lighting himself on fire? Cause that’s a good, intelligent, efficient and pain free way to kill yourself, right?

Once again, attractive Indian lady looks awful under that light…

Also, I swear to Christ my shower radio just turned on. Thought this thing went waaaay deeper for a moment.

But as I was going to say, Hera serves in the fleet. Apparently Cylons can learn and love and what not. Is this really so different then when I found out about my rich, proud Portuguese ancestry?

This also explains the otherwise completely inexplicable presence of Tory with Anders. Of course there is always the possibility that I just missed it ad they been making out for a while. I doubt it though. I’m pretty great.

By Bogie you mean Starbuck, right? I’ve been saying this for weeks now, no way starbuck’s d…. and hey it’s Starbuck! I for one am surprised. I genuinely thought they had killed off one of the most central characters while simultaneously covering up a change in the contract status of the actress who played her. That seemed plausible. I mean, they killed Billy right?

Oh, yeah and can any of you honestly remember the last time they fired guns in space? Hey, it’s Florida! Gaius Baltar you’ve just won the trial of the century what are you going to do? Apparently go to Disney World.

In other news, we have an Abrahamic tradition, an Indo-European (Roman) Tradition and now apparently the Ralien Traditions are going to be in the mix.

2008? Sigh. When next we see BSG there will also be new episodes of Futurama.

Also Katee Sackhoff reminds me of a girl I new in high school. Yeah I saw a girl who reminds me Katee Sackhoff naked in high school. It was cool. So was I.

2 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

I pretty much didn't read any of your post.

But the upside of this was I finally realized that long posts should only be fully viewable by clicking a "Read More" link.

So I hear Chu got robbed.

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Nerd!