Thursday, March 8, 2007

I know it's elitist of me but I'm afraid


I know it's elitist of me, but I have a deep hate for typing. I'll try to do my best here. This blog thing actually does kind of freak me out. I don't think I'm afraid of technology, but I'm afraid of the interweb. I hate the fact that you're reading this on a screen in some wierd place that I may or may not have been. I'm also afraid of the fact that there's a big fucking tube full of wires that spans the Atlantic Ocean.

You know the maps they have of the internet? All crazy. Crazy map of the internet.

I'm excited that this blogplace (ourblogisdifferent.com) could be cool and fun people we know can write on it and make something fun. But then I'm afraid that other people that we don't know might think it's cool and then will start reading it on a regular basis. Does anybody else think that's strange? Maybe we could all be like ashley and just end up doing this as a job, which would be fucking noprob.

Have people already talked about blog voyeurism? I don't know what's happening in the world anymore. I just found out some guy with a funny name and who is running for president smokes. I approve.

Oh by the way, today I macked on a few cupcakes.

This picture is Urizen and I like it.

I'm obviously one of the crack-heads here. I just reread all of this and it's frightful, especially when you preview the thing and it comes out the way it does. Please don't think I'm trying to be sensitive anyone who is reading this in the future when we're superpopular and making shitloads of money for writing this awesome blog. Hey, there's an idea for a movie. Scott, get on it. Seriously though, the internet creation of the future. Modern internet alienation. Blog voyeurism. It could be a Babel type movie about global interconnection signified though the narrative of film. The possibilities! Totally allegorical and heavy, but also with titties. Hey Scott and everyone, have you seen "The Rules of the Game" (by what's his name who did la Grande Illusion, Rousseau?)? I think it's like film 101 so I'm betting Scott did. Why didn't anyone tell me French cinema was the shit? Also, I recently saw a really great polish film called "Everything for sale." These are all big time metafilms by the way, so steer clear if you're not into the movies that talk about themselves.

In the end I actually do think it would be awesome to get all of the high school kidz into our awesome blog and then get funding when word of mouth spreads at the prom. God please let the internet come through for me for once in my life. I'd be just as happy (but poorer) if we don't though.

I do think we should mess around with the format a bit. I also don't like the fact that new entries publish at the top. I guess that's how blogs are (and myspace and all that), but it annoys me and I wanted to say it. I write a lot for someone who hates typing.

PS First listen to new Arcade Fire = mediocre. Other opinions?

3 comments:

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Yes I have seen the Rules of the Game by Renoir. The French, despite popular American opinion to the contrary are good at pretty much everything that doesn't involve guns. Film is no exception. And its their influence that has made film makers like Wes Anderson so great. That being said I've seen far more Italian movies. As for Polish films I enjoyed the comedy Sex Mission very much and am currious to see more Polish films from the communist era.

J*E*F^2 said...

"My name is Scott and I only watch nerdy movies full of foreigners."

Thats me quoting the above comment. You know what I just watched? Beerfest. You know what I liked? Beerfest. Its a movie the way god intended it: Americans pretending to be foreigners.

I actually did see Le Samurai a couple weeks back. Who knew the French could make badass hitman movies? But then I also saw District B-13, and it made me hate the French even more than when they made us call French-Fries Freedom-Fries. Respect.

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Renoir! I knew it was some name that was already taken by another artist. Thief.

You should check out commie movies, really interesting. Good posting everyone by the way. Keep up quality work and we'll get to the prom in no time.