Monday, September 17, 2007

the good girls are home with broken hearts



i'm at work right now, drinking tea, writing in a blog and looking up shit on the internet when i'm supposed to be...drinking tea, writing in a blog and looking up shit on the internet! too bad i hate this place. i quit the other day, and it felt like jumping off a diving board into a swimming pool that may or may not be empty. who knows? this career business is over-rated anyways, right? right? oh god. my co-worker stephanie just stared at me because i'm trying to work a gigantic knot out of my hair. i put it there by being a nervous wreck and constantly twisting it, which may or may not make me look like a crazy person. verdict: it totally makes me look like a crazy person. feel free to give me career ideas, homework assignments or just cold hard cash in preparation for my upcoming bout of unemployment.

cold and hard,
ash

8 comments:

Hey Jealousy said...

Congrats on quitting a job that you hate. I hope it works out for you yo!

J*E*F^2 said...

do you want to do my homework for me? Theres a lot less now that I decided I'm going to drop one of my classes.

As far as career advice, I always thought rock star sounded like fun. Just make sure your job has internet, because 80% of having a job is finding ways not to do work.

J*E*F^2 said...

Also, what kind of tea are you drinking?

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Ashley, you more or less seemed to enjoy teaching kids. Working in an elementary or middle school or even just subbing might be good for a while and then if you become full time they will pay for you to get your masters. Its always been my plan b.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Besides saving the time and money you spend on the train and subway will be such a boon to you that even just subbing will probably be all the money you need.

your friend ashley said...

true true, i have been thinking about teaching the younguns in some capacity. and i'm drinking english breakfast tea for the record.

Old Greg said...

tea and ashley's future plans are good topics of conversation. i second the teacher nomination and recommend more tea for everyone.

your friend ashley said...

i recommend you fucking call me back.