Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Huh, in retrospect there were hints!

So here is a conversation between Matt and I from 1998. In other news I'm not going to publish anything particularly embarrassing or that drudges up bad memories (ie fights between our friends). But in light of recent romantic developments I think this one is quite interesting!

Bresette1: sup

Rev Skline: written a letter to elisa

Rev Skline: where did you go?

Bresette1: my dad came in and was like "get off"

Bresette1: its a long story why he did

Bresette1: i'll explain that later

Rev Skline: no worries

Rev Skline: K2incubus this is dees

Bresette1: is he on

Rev Skline: that is to say that that name is what dees is on as

Bresette1: where is he

Rev Skline: at dundes

Bresette1: did you read elsia's letter

Rev Skline: ya it was quite bad she's pissed at me

Bresette1: why?

Rev Skline: cause she thinks I'm just trying to find fault with her and that she wasn't leading me on

Bresette1: scoot, when i get back, you give me her number and i'll set her strait on the situation

Bresette1: seriously

Rev Skline: sounds good to me man

Bresette1: what did she say in the letter

Rev Skline: i sent them too you

Bresette1: harsh very harsh

Rev Skline: both or just hers?

Bresette1: but she has a point, she i really flirtty

Bresette1: hers

Bresette1: she is really flirtty rather

Bresette1: you know?

Rev Skline: ya I know.. l

Bresette1: but still i'll talk to her if you want and tell her all the shit cause it dosen't sound like the same old shit coming from somebody else

Bresette1: that may sound clutter but its all right to mee

Bresette1: you want me to?

Rev Skline: I hear ya and I think if you do it more power to you but I don't want to be like behind it you know? like hey matt thinks this not like hey skline made matt say this

Bresette1: no i'll just set her strait

Rev Skline: das ist gut

Bresette1: is ashley back from London, Engaland yet?

Bresette1: W W two

Bresette1: heh? HEH?

Rev Skline: not yet I wish

Bresette1: why? folks on bad terms

Bresette1: you folks, rather

Rev Skline: not really I just want to talk to her

Bresette1: so you want her to be home, or you don't want her to be home?

Rev Skline: I wish a ton that ash was home

Bresette1: when is she cumming back

Bresette1: heh?

Bresette1: heh?

Rev Skline: soon I think I'm not sure

Rev Skline: shit it hasn't even been a week yet

Bresette1: yeah it has

Bresette1: ddn't she leave tuesday last week

Rev Skline: something like that... uh the morning of the 10th

Bresette1: i wish i weren't friends with ashley

Rev Skline: funnyyou should say that I see where your going with this and my sister had just told me how she thinks i should date ash and i was like "can't friend."

Bresette1: no shit

Bresette1: i dont think we have too strong a friend ship

Bresette1: i've beaten down bigger walls

Bresette1: (not really though)

Rev Skline: best of luck man are you officially declaring interntions at this point?

Bresette1: not really

Bresette1: but i would like to invite her over and do the ol' "This is my house, this is my room..." bit

Rev Skline: I know what you mean that girl is hot

Bresette1: yeah but i'm pretty sure she will always only think of me as "oh matt, yeah he's a pretty funny kid" instead of "oh matt, i think he to be a fine piece of ass"

Bresette1: but if she we ever to mention to you the latter, please do tell me

Rev Skline: will do styles will do

Bresette1: but drop some of the old hints for me if the oppertunity comes up

Bresette1: i read the funniest book in the world today

Bresette1: and the name of that book is "Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland & Through The Looking Glass"

Bresette1: futhermore i must depart

Rev Skline: aee ya

7 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

I'm imposing a new blog rule: Thou shalt not post super long posts in invisi-text.

I had to highlight all the text to read it, which is whack. Either Firefox hates Scott (which I don't doubt), or Scott fails at internet.

What does Bresette mean?

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

It's Matt's dad's aol account, or was back in '98.

Yeah I hear you, the thing is old AIM conversations are saved in a defunct version of HTML, which meant I had to comb through it as it was removing bits it couldn't use. Then it turns out that it makes the words black and I'm not sure what I'd need to change to get rid of that. (sigh) Sorry.

Still I had completely forgotten about this obvious bit of foreshadowing. It took Matt nearly a decade but it looks like he finally broke down that wall.

Old Greg said...

were you guys black teenagers in 98? im glad to see that you have become much whiter in your online vernacular over the years.

and for the record, picturing matt doing the old, "this is my house, and this is my room..." routine is pure comic gold. im sure it would be followed with a "bam!" and trou dropping.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

We both contracted verbal vitiligo

your friend ashley said...

What the F? I don't remember this. Is this real? Bitch finally got back from England. This is Matt.

your friend ashley said...

i'm putting the wall back up.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Well you don't remember this because it was a conversation we had like nine years ago.

PS I might also see if I can dig out the journalism article I wrote making fun of the journalism article Ashley wrote about her trip to England.