Sunday, December 16, 2007

cheer up emo kid



so lately i've been really trying to figure out why i'm so fucked up. as you can well imagine, it's no small task! one thing i think has significantly contributed to my lack of touch with reality is the fact that my parents threw away my computer when i was in korea. this was the piece of shit desktop bought with the $1000 given to me at graduation by WA's board of trustees just for being me (another thing that probably fucked up my innate sense of worth). this computer had 6,000 songs on it, everything i had ever listened to while in college, as well as all of the papers i wrote (no small amount!) you know, my life? well it's gone and now i have no proof that anything ever happened.

so to remedy this, i've decided to replace at least some of those songs, at least the ones i played to death death death. first up: sunnday day real estate. jesus fucking christ. i don't even care that jeremy egnik is a born again christian. look at those eyes! this is from the days of "emo." remember that? it never fails to amaze me how things fade. in those days i had short hair and wore red sauconys like everyone else. matt says SDRE is "a little intense" and he's not wrong. they still stab my in the stomach (those eyes! that wail!). what's a girl to do?

4 comments:

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

I could probably dig up some of the old AIM conversations we had once upon a time in high school. When I stopped keeping a journal I started obsessing about saving my IM's.

J*E*F^2 said...

I think you mean diary, Scott. You did in fact name it.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

No more embarrassing than that it originally started as a log. I won't specify a log of what.

your friend ashley said...

oh god. yes, any aim conversations anyone would like to e-mail me would probably blow my mind.