Thursday, August 23, 2007

Midnight Juggernauts

I try not to post every dorky music thing I'm into, but its about time I said a few words about the Midnight Juggernauts. I've been obsessing over them since late last year, when I discovered their single Shadows, which made my top 20 songs of 2006. This means that most of you have hopefully listened to them once. They've just released their first full-length album, Dystopia, in Australia and its amazing.

To sum up the music using every tactic that real music critics hate, they sound like the Electric Light Orchestra after an all-night binge of Daft Punk. There are swooshing synths, electronic blip embellishments, vocoders, interesting chord progressions, and layered vocal harmonies. AKA 100% pure awesome. They've been getting some exposure through another Australian band, Cut Copy, whom they share musical DNA with. Once Dystopia hits one of the major music markets I expect these guys to get great press.

The album is on the MyDataBus account, and below is a video for their latest single, Into the Galaxy. Please give em a listen, if only to humor me.

No comments: