Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Food Part 1

Two weekends ago I started what I'm hoping will become the Summer of Culinary Excellence. This exciting journey began with a pilgrimage to the Mecca of Lobster Rolls: Red's Eats in Wiscassit, ME.



Red's has been probably been mentioned in any print magazine dealing with food, every television food show ever, and maybe in one or two books written by Steven King. Each lobster roll has about two lobsters crammed into a hotdog roll; a full tail, both claws, and extra lobster to boot. No filler, no mayo, nothing but Lobster (you can get melted butter or mayo on the side). Look at it in all its glory!



I can personally attest that this is the greatest acheivement of mankind. Look at the lobster roll in relation to the size of my head. And this is with one half of a tail already eaten out of it!



Our next installment will deal with BBQ! Nom nom nom.

3 comments:

Old Greg said...

perfect. i must of have lost the evite you sent out about this trip. but it's weird because i always save and cherish all evites i receive, so its odd that i would have lost one regarding eating lobster, one of my favorite foods. i actually always print out every evite that i receive as well. ive wallpapered my bathroom with them. just sayin' its strange.

J*E*F^2 said...

Yeh, I sent it to what I think is your email address: KillX@aol.com. Is that right?

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

I made the people I work with look at these photos as part of the reason why I love New England.