Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cover Me

Ashley and I have been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan lately. A lot of John Lennon too (we got Plastic Ono Band, Mind Games and Double Fantasy recently). All I want to do right now is buy a guitar and play covers of Bob Dylan covers till the break of dawn. The last two Dylan albums I bought are mostly covers:

Bob Dylan:


Favs: In My Time of Dyin', Man of Constant Sorrow, See That My Grave is Kept Clean, Follow You Down, House of the Risin' Sun.










Self-Portrait:


Favs: Like A Rolling Stone, Copper Kettle, The Mighty Quinn, The Boxer, Blue Moon, She Belongs to Me, Wigwam, Alberta #1 and 2.















"In My Time of Dying" (on Bob Dylan) is also covered on this album:






















Booyakasha!


I would also like to cover "Popcorn Love" by New Edition as well as Heart's "Magic Man."


PS I also bought the new Weezer album: the first three songs are good and most of the rest sounds like LFO (which may or may not be a good thing for you). "Heart Songs" is basically a list of good songs. Gordon Lightfoot is the first person mentioned in it, and he has some eminently coverable songs (Cf. Nico's version of "I'm Not Saying").

1 comment:

your friend ashley said...

god i love popcorn. and new edition. and you (i guess).