Wednesday, April 18, 2007

People who are on the overnight....

Most of the people I work with are pretty cool people who just don't want to deal with the hassles of working in New York in the hospitality business that the day shift people have to deal with. (Mainly the sheer volume of people.) A couple of us, myself included, are twixters with other aspirations we're striving for, the rest though are, well, take for instance the cleaning woman who is afraid to ride in the elevator with me. I'll grant you, I am very tuff looking for a jewy, underweight, 5'8" white guy but... anyway, so I went down to the cafe to grab a snack and I made the mistake of saying 'hi' to the oldest of the Jamaican cleaning guys, who promptly cornered me to share his crazy, rambling thoughts on the VA Tech shootings. Apparently he feels the schools dean should 'hang' because he committed 'treason.' I'll grant you the situation wasn't well handled but... well that was an awkward half hour of my life I'll never get back.

No comments: