Thursday, April 5, 2007

"Lesson in Reading" is now "Reading," don't tell anyone.


You've lived so brightly.
You've altered everything.
I find myself searching for old selves,
Whilst speeding forward through the plateglass of maturing cells.

I've played the unraveler, the parhelion,
But even Apocalypse is fleeting.
There's no death, no ugly world.

Sometimes I wonder if you're mythologizing me like I do you.
We want our film to be beautiful, not realistic.
Perceive me in the radiance of terror dreams
And you can betray me, but teach me something wonderful.

- Of Montreal "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal"

Of Montreal - the past is a grotesque animal.mp3

4 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

I'll post the song for you later tonizzle.

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Thanks Jeff.

J*E*F^2 said...

Song uploaded, tag updated and 100% accurate.

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Yes! Jeff is awesome.