Friday, May 18, 2007

Why on Earth is this a good thing?

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/05/software_restores_shredded_doc.php

Doesn't anyone way the pros and the cons any more? Who would look at this technology and say, yes, this will have practical applications in our increasingly paperless offices and certianly not be used for identity theft, or, for that matter, theft theft.

Now before throwing things away I guess we'll all have to soak them in various bowls of bleach and paint to make sure they're unreadable.

2 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

Use fire. Or don't write down shit you don't want getting out. Or don't worry because people who go dumpster scrounging can't afford this.

What kind of secrets do you have that you're so worried about this?

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

my credit cards send me cut checks in my name against my credit card made out for cash in an effort to get me to owe them money.
I'm terrified of someone stealing those letters and racking up $$$$ in my name.