Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Beer Brewing and BBQ

Now that title has a lot of Bees. Buzz.

I have a glorious idea that I think is best if shared Memo style:

Purpose: Get a group together to brew beer. Two weeks later, bottle the beer and have a BBQ.

I'm looking to get a group of up to 12 people to brew beer on Saturday the 9th at Incredibrew in Nashua. There are ton of different styles of beer you can brew there. Each ranges from $100 to $130, with a very few at $170 (those are the most interesting, though...) Each kettle yields 72 22oz bottles.

There are 6 kettles to brew in at Incredibrew, and I was thinking of putting two people to a kettle. This should keep the price down, so each person would pay $50-$65. They run a special where if your party pays for 5 of the kettles, the 6th is free, so I'm hoping to hit that magical 10 person mark at least. Also, the more we brew, the more different varieties everyone goes home with.

Two weeks later, on the 23rd, we'll bottle the beer in the morning. After that we go back to my place and have a BBQ as a pretext to try our beer.

So the short version is, if we get 12 people each person pays $41-$54 and gets 36 bottles. Brew on the 9th, drink of the 23rd.

I'm gaging interest here on the blog first to see if there's any interest. After that I'll start sending out emails to get the numbers up. If you want in, or you want to change the dates we brew/bbq, let me know if the comments along with what beer you want to brew (click the link above for the list of different styles). If you have any friends who would want to do this also post that in the comments along with what they want to brew.

5 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

I guess I'll start. I'm totally in! My list in order of preference:
Big Boy Stout
Trappist Dubbel
Gorilla Doppelbock
Hefe-Weizen
Robust Porter
Hopzilla

Once we see what people want we can pair off depending on what they want to brew.

Any two weekends work for me, so the dates can be changed. Also, if you can't make one of those days, its still okay. Someone can bottle or brew for you.

Hey Jealousy said...

I could do the following:

1. Hazelnut Coffee Stout
2. Hefe-Weizen
3. American Wheat
4. Honey Wheat
5. Belgian White

Or a 40 of high life. Can we bottle this ish in 40z?

Old Greg said...

im in for like all kinds of beering, just gotta look at the dates and see if that will work. im pretty on board with jeff's list but might give it a different order. let's chat guys. sexy, dan

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Oof. I dunno this might be tough for me to work out in addition to my being in Mass virtually every weekend in August.

Who's gonna watch my Tivo? My Tivo gets me. It doesn't even need ask what kinda beer I'd want to brew. It just knows.

J*E*F^2 said...

If anybody still checks this, is August a better time to do this then?