Thursday, May 24, 2007

Double Up - My Fave Tracks Reviewed for You by Me!


Hey,


So I got a copy of R.Kelly's (The Kellz, R.Zorro) new CD Double Up. What follows is a track by track in depth analysis consisting of my personal fave lyrics, what the song is about at face value and finally its true double meaning. I started doing it for all the songs but just decided on my 5 fave from the first 10 songs. The top 5 from the next 9 songs will be tomorrow.


I'll post the whole CD tonight.


I figure since the Kellz talks about doubling up he obviously means double meanings. Enjoy this as much as I enjoy the R. Zorro.


Song 1 - The Champ ft. Swizz Beats

Best Lyrics: "I'm pregnant by the game"

What the song means: Kellz is so good he can get pregnant so don't HATE.

On a deeper level: He is in support of science and cannot even start to imagine the endless possibilities and glories of stem cell research. Also he loved that movie JUNIOR.


Song 2 - Double Up ft. Snoop Dogg

Best Lyrics: "You know it don't stop when I walk up in the club/See a girl with a girl and try to get a group hug"

What the song means: R.Zorro would like to have a threesome. What's wrong with that?

On a deeper level: He supports the right for gay and lesbian partners to adopt and has made it his mission to hug each and everyone of them he sees at the club, preferably the Projets Club.


Song 5 - Leave Your Name

Best Lyric: "Leave your name right after the beep and i'm sure to get back with you if i'm not asleep or smokin on some trees or havin a little sex or if i'm not faded or makin a baby."

What the song means: He parties hard but definetly will get right back to you.

On a deeper level: OK I believe this actually his answering machine message.


Song 8 - The Zoo

Best Lyric: "I got you so wet it's like a rainforest. Like Jurrasic Park and I'm your sexasaurus."
What the song means: Do I really have to explain it?

On a deeper level: Obviously this is truely about Kellz belief that animals should never be put in zoos for human enjoyment. Especially of the sexy variety.


Song 9 - The Same Girl ft. Usher

Best Lyric: "She gonna be lookin oh so stupid when she sees us together"

What the song means: Usher and RKelly are being played by you guessed it the same girl. And they come up with the perfect plan to catch her like on NBC's To Catch a Predator.

On a deeper level: This clearly represents R.Kelly's disbelief in the current geopolitical climate of the Middle East. Plus really I would never believe that R.Kelly and Usher would ever be played by the same girl.

4 comments:

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Oh man. Best outfit ever, Kellz.

J*E*F^2 said...

After listening to most of the album, I've decided that there will never be a better line written than "I got you so wet it's like a rainforest. Like Jurrasic Park and I'm your sexasaurus." And the chorus is "Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Aah Aah Aah Aah". Fuck is that man a genius.

Old Greg said...

r kellz is the best singer/songwriter of this or any generation. hott mess.

Hey Jealousy said...

The CD is up on the mydatabase (belong to us) website for your ear pleasure.

The Ultimate hott mess