Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Land of Deutsch

So I just flew back from Germany and boy are my arms full of souveniers and wine! I was getting down to bidness for the most part, but I also spent a day or two driving down the Weinstrasse, which is a road through miles of vineyards in the Rhineland. Here is a representative picture of what it all looks like:



A few notes about this pictures: 1) You probably can't see me in the picture because I'm wearing my vineyard camo, but I'm there (look to the center left), 2) I'm trying to take a picture of myself using my cameras timer and I still don't seem to know I'm having my picture taken, 3) Its really pretty there. Here are two more small pictures I took that prove the third point. Click em to make em bigger.






I spent the one free night I had in a town called Speyer, where I wandered into a festival of sorts. I don't really speak the language and I'm as American as the next guy, so I didn't bother finding out what it was about. Anyway, there were booths and booths of weinguts so I partook in drinking more local wine, only this time in an historic setting instead of pastoral. Here's a crappy picture of what that kinda was like. Note the 600 year old (I think) gate in the distance.

To finish my pointless travelogue, I'll point out that Germans make better bread and coldcuts than anyone else, their doors open in the wrong direction (push to get into a building or room), and the ease in which one can find döner kebap there is amazing.

Hey, all of those example labels they show apply to my post! Especially scooters.

3 comments:

Math fab Mathonwy said...

Nice. My fav is the unicorn on the top of the house.

Hey Jealousy said...

The germans have unicorn technology?!?!?!!?!

your friend ashley said...

beard!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fall/winter's best accessory.