Monday, October 1, 2007

Does this sound bullshit-ty to anyone else?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/30/phoenix.airport.death/index.html

Headline: Woman may have accidentally killed herself after airport bust

"According to investigators, it appeared as though Ms. Gotbaum had possibly tried to manipulate the handcuffs from behind her to the front, got tangled up in the process, and they ended up around her neck area," he said.

When you're handcuffed with your arms behind her back your hands are near your hips. That's how its done. To bring them in front of you you have to past them behind your legs and over your feet unless you either 1) have no cartilage in your shoulders or 2) are willing to endure the horrendous pain associated with dislocating your shoulder. And even if you've managed to endure 2, or were born a freak like 1, what exactly would you be doing with your handcuffs that would wrap them around your throat? "Ok, now if I could just squeeze my wrists out of these cuffs, damn I need more leverage, I know I'll push the metal chain against the softest part of my body which is crucial for both breathing and blood flow. Oh no! I'm dead!"

In other news, I'm totally going to Tase Chu next time I see him.

1 comment:

Hey Jealousy said...

I'm so happy I no longer have to go to CNN.com I can just read it all right here!!!