Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tired

When I'm tired I get restless and easily bored, but at the same time I'm too lazy to commit to anything. Which means I'm pretty much agrivated. Like right now.

So what's mindless, takes no commitment, and can be done listening to music? Doodling in MSPaint. Here's the first one I made tonight.



My lemon tree is starting to blossom and it smells crazy good. Between that and my aeroponic herb garden I'm pretty much living among wilderness. Speaking of gardening, I'm trying to persuade my father to starting growing hops at his place because of the worldwide hop shortage. Have you heard about this? Hop and grain farmers who used to supply the beer industry have stopped all of their old business and are taking up growing corn because of the high prices on ethanol. Combine that with the 2007 hop harvest getting mostly destroyed by bad weather and there aren't enough hops to go around. Beer prices will most likely start increasing by a few bucks a six pack and homebrewers are panic buying anything they can find.

Man did I pick a stupid time to try homebrewing out as a hobby :( And I think I watered down my first batch, wasting all those precious hops :( I guess I'll find out next week if my beer tastes any good after it has finished bottle conditioning.

1 comment:

your friend ashley said...

!!! man jeff, life sounds ok. i am officially demanding at least one lemon. i had no idea about this terrible hops business! seriously this blog is pretty much my only newsource, so keep the info comin'!