Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kurt "I'm awesome and dead" Vonnegut

Hi.

Last night I started a new art series at Ashley's insistance (threat?). I was thinking of a series of mid-century(ish) portaits. I REALLY liked how my first piece, the one for Ashley and Matt, came out, so I kept going and created the picture below tonight:



Its not as similar to my first piece as I would have expected, so it should hopefully still be surprisingly awesome if I ever find a way to print it and give it out. Anyway, let me know what you guys think, because I've never bothered doing art before.

8 comments:

Math fab Mathonwy said...

This is great.

I have art too but it's not digitable. So you can't see.

J*E*F^2 said...

But I wanna see.

Math fab Mathonwy said...

I'll prob be in Westford in the next couple of weeks for more than 2 seconds. I'll show then.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

Pretty solid work. How are you at drawing various Teen agers

Hey Jealousy said...

I need a drawing of the cast of the hit show Home Improvement or was it Tool Time? Whatever it was I needs it. Also, what's the deal for Friday.

Frankz and Beanz

Old Greg said...

chu has a crush on jt taylor! but who can blame him. this drawing is the shit. did you use tracing skills? its rad and i think you should do christopher walken next.

J*E*F^2 said...

yeh, I did some tracing with my mouse, which is why the lines aren't really very good.

Scott, when I draw its mostly faces. If I do draw a body, its in a posed fashion. I have no idea how to draw people in scenes or action. I don't know if I'd be able to do one of your scripts, and I'd probably be a bigger flake than Popo. I can try a single frame if you'd like.

your friend ashley said...

so it goes.