Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In memorium



















Some, if not all, of you know that my cat Shadow (aka Kitty, aka Grittain, aka Gritty Kitty) died about two weeks ago on Wednesday, May 14. He had been on medication for the past five years or so for his liver, which suffered from some unknown aliment. Recently, that turned into cancer. He lost about 4 pounds over the course of a month or two, which made him kitten-cute, if a little pathetic.



















He was fourteen years old.

I hope you all have fond memories of him (e.g. space cat). He was a part of our friend group and he loved you all. 

I miss him so much. Thank you for your sympathy.

Here is a poem by Carl Sandburg in memorium, called "Fog":

THE fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.

4 comments:

J*E*F^2 said...

Rest in peace, Space Cat. No other cat would be nearly as docile with a giant glass bowl on its head. None.

your friend ashley said...

kitty fucking ruled.

Old Greg said...

lieutenant governor shadow was a cat for all seasons. his love of butter was matched only by his love for people and petting and being calm. i miss him too.

The Missed Call Of Cthulhu said...

I didn't realize Kitty had died. When I read it I told Ginny about how Matt used to put him under that brown sweater he was always wearing until Kitty's paw would shoot out the neck and bat Matt's face.

I've never been a cat person, but even I will miss Shadow.